Davies Mulani is the founding Partner and Managing Partner. Mr. Mulani was admitted to the Bar as an Advocate of the High Court in 2010. Mr. Mulani graduated with an LLB (Honours) degree from Moi University, Kenya and in 2007 he completed a one-year pupilage program with the Firm of Iseme Kamau & Maema Advocates, one of the leading law firms in Kenya. At the time of admission to the Bar, Mr. Mulani was working with the Firm of Gichuki King’ara & Company Advocates as a Paralegal and was immediately appointed the Head of the Commercial Law and Conveyancing Department. In November 2010, Mr. Mulani joined the Firm of Havelock Muriuki & Raval Advocates as an Associate Advocate. In 2011 Havelock Muriuki & Raval Advocates changed its name to LJA Associates Advocates where Mr. Mulani was a Senior Associate in the Commercial Law, Conveyancing and Arbitration Department. Mr. Mulani is a Commissioner of Oaths and Notary Public.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya.
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators London (Kenya Chapter).
- Committee Member, Law Society of Kenya Sub-Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Member of East African Law Society.
Commercial Law, Conveyancing, Oil & Gas, Corporate/Company law, Property and Estate Development; Banking and Bank Securities; Probate and Estate Planning, Trusts; Insurance; Immigration, Employment and labour laws, Telecommunications Sector, Double Taxation Agreements, Legal Audits and Litigation.
- Advised a Fortune 500 Company on setting up an independent branch office in Kenya coupled with advise on regulatory and employment law and a staff pension scheme.
- Incorporated a local Tele-Communications Company with branches in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Incorporated and advises a local Company providing logistical support to major Oil and Gas drilling Companies in Kenya.
- Acting for a local Bank in perfecting securities for borrowings through Charge Instruments, Debentures, Director’s Guarantees.
- Acting for a local company in land acquisition transactions worth $2,520,000/=.
- Acting for a developer of 80 upmarket Apartments along Riara Road, Nairobi County.
- Acting for a developer of high end luxurious townhouses in Lower Kabete, Nairobi County.
- Acted for a group of investors in purchase of land in Nanyuki, Laikipia County.
- Acted for different clients in various sale and purchase transactions.
- Acting for and advising a Kenyan company on money transfer guidelines and preparing various money transfer policy documents for approval by Central Bank of Kenya.
- Acting for a Kenyan micro-finance company in various general matters.
- Advised and acted for an international Oil and Gas company on setting up a representative office in Kenya.
- Successfully provided legal support for an International ISO Certification & Audit Company in auditing a large state agency on its application for ISO accreditation.
- Successfully defended a County Government in a protracted land dispute and on appeal.
- Successfully advised a foreign casino company in acquiring a gaming license and providing legal support in taking over a local gaming business.
- Advised an American digital advertising company on setting up in Kenya and procured statutory documents required to commence operations.
- Involvement is several arbitration proceedings for Claimant or Respondent both under Arbitration Act No.4 of 1995,Laws of Kenya and London Court of Arbitration Act & Rules (LCIA).
- Provides continuous advise on employment and labour matters to several Companies.
- Provides advice on various immigration matters and assists on applications for work permits and passes.